September 8, 2020
Return to school update
Hello Howay families,
Our team is hard at work planning and preparing for our return to school. Below you will find some helpful information regarding our restart plan and more information and updates will be sent on an ongoing basis.
**Please watch your email on September 9th for specific information about your child’s learning group and schedule for Thursday, September 10th and Friday, September 11th. **
- Students will be placed in a learning groups of 30 or less
- Inside the school students will work within their own learning groups
- When interacting with peers in other learning groups at recess and lunch students should minimize physical contact
- Masks are not required for elementary age students
- Staff will wear masks in hallways and when working outside of their learning groups.
- Staff who work with multiple learning groups will wear masks, use additional PPE and maintain physical distancing with staff and students
- Label all supplies with name and/or initials (If you ordered a Creative Pack in the spring, the packs will be sent home on Thursday so that families can label the supplies). If you did not order a Creative Pack, school supply lists can be found here on our website.
- Students should not bring unnecessary items to school (no toys or other personal items)
- Food and drinks are not to be shared
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle at school. Water fountains will not be used but fill stations are available for water bottles.
Student Drop off and Pick up
- For student drop off and pick up, parents/guardians are to remain outside of the school and distance from other parents/caregivers
- Please help with physical distancing outside before and after school. Develop a meeting spot that is safely distanced from other families.
- We will not have lineups in the morning. Children will greet teachers and staff outside in meeting areas. (A follow up email will explain where your child’s group will wait for entering and exiting.)
- Children are not entering school until a staff member ushers them into the school
- Please look for designated areas and staff to support your arrival on the first 2 days of school.
- Please make sure students have all necessary supplies for their day as visitor access is limited throughout the day
Entering and exiting the building will take more time. Please help and support your child understand the importance of patience entering the building as we want to avoid congestion and help with distancing. Routines will take a few days. If possible, please have an adult available at drop off and pick up to support your child with new expectations.
Daily Wellness Check
- Perform a daily wellness check with your child using the School District Daily Health Assesment checklist . You will be asked to confirm your understanding of this responsibility when you complete the on-line consent forms for this school year. Please login to your School Cash Online account to complete the on-line consent forms.