August 30, 2022
Welcome to the 2022/2023 school year!
I hope everyone had a restful summer and enjoyed some of the amazing weather we had across our province. Our staff is very excited about out start up this year and looking forward to seeing familiar faces as well as those new to our wonderful school community.
The first few weeks of September are always very busy weeks for students, staff, and parents. Please check your emails as we will be sending home further communications regarding start up procedures and expectations for the coming weeks. Below we have outlined what to expect during the first week of school and the schedules for these days.
Tuesday, September 6th – Grade 1-5 students
- Students are to meet in last year’s class line up areas at 8:55
- Grade 1 to 5 Students will be in session with teachers from 8:55 – 9:55
- Students are dismissed at 9:55
- New Students to Howay (Grade 1-5) will arrive at the office (main entrance of the school) at 8:55 and will be dismissed with students from their grade cohorts at 9:55. Parents of new students, please ask in the office where your child will be dismissed.
- Please do not bring supplies on this day
Wednesday, September 7th – Grade 1-5 students
Students will remain in last year’s class for this day and will line up and be dismissed from last year’s arrival and dismissal locations. Students should bring only a pencil box with a pencil and crayons/pencil crayons on this day.
Warning bell – 8:50
Lunch – 12:24
Dismissal – 3:00
Thursday, September 8th – Grade 1-5 students
Students will be lining up and dismissed from their new 2022/2023 classroom line up area. Parents will receive an email outlining line up procedures for each classroom on Wednesday. Please check emails or student handouts with this information. We will also have signs and staff support outside to support families with locations of new classroom areas for entering and exiting the building. Please bring all of your school labelled supplies on this day.
Tues. Sept. 6th and Wed. Sept. 7th – Kindergarten students do not attend school on these days.
Kindergarten parents will receive an email outlining times for interviews/kindergarten orientation as well as the gradual entry schedule for your child. Please check emails for these details from our Kindergarten teachers – Ms. Chui and Ms. Martins.
Information for first week
- If your child is unable to attend the first days of school please contact the office to let them know the reason for their absence – 604-517-6020
- Grade 1-5 students will be moved into their new classrooms on Thursday, September 8th
- Regular school hours for Grade 1-5 students begins on Wednesday, September 7th.
- School Supplies – Please label all supplies and send them to school on Thursday. Click here for school supply information.
- Please review our school calendar and bell schedule. Click here for our 2022/2023 calendar.