August 29, 2023
Welcome to the 2023/2024 school year!
We hope everyone had a restful summer. Our staff is very excited about our start up and looking forward to seeing familiar faces as well as those new to our wonderful school community.
The first few weeks of September are always very busy weeks for students, staff, and parents. Please check your emails as we will be sending home further communications regarding start up procedures and expectations for the coming weeks. Below we have outlined what to expect during the first week of school and the schedules for these days.
Tuesday, September 5th – Grade 1-5 students
- Returning students are to meet in last year’s class line up areas at 8:55
- Grade 1 to 5 Students will be in session with teachers from 8:55 – 9:55
- Students are dismissed at 9:55
- New Students to Howay (Grade 1-5) should report to the office (main entrance of the school) at 8:55 and will be dismissed with students from their grade cohorts at 9:55. Parents of new students, please ask in the office where your child will be dismissed.
- Please do not bring supplies on this day
Wednesday, September 6th – Grade 1-5 students
Students will remain in last year’s class for this day and will line up and be dismissed from last year’s arrival and dismissal locations. Students should bring only a pencil box with a pencil and crayons/pencil crayons on this day.
Morning bell – 8:50
Lunch – 12:05
Dismissal – 3:00
Thursday, September 7th – Grade 1-5 students
Students will be lining up and dismissed from their new 2023/2024 classroom line up area. Parents will receive an email outlining line up procedures for each classroom on Wednesday. Please check emails or student handouts for this information. We will also have signs and staff outside to support families with locations of new classroom areas for entering and exiting the building. Please bring all of your school supplies on this day.
Tues. Sept. 5th and Wed. Sept. 6th – Kindergarten students do not attend school on these days.
Kindergarten parents will receive an email outlining times for interviews/kindergarten orientation as well as the gradual entry schedule for your child. Please check emails from our Kindergarten teachers – Ms. Chui and Ms. Lalic for these details
Information for first week
- If your child is unable to attend the first days of school, please contact the office to let them know the reason for their absence – 604 517 6020
- Grade 1-5 students will be moved into their new classrooms on Thursday, September 7th
- Regular school hours for Grade 1-5 students begins on Wednesday, September 6th.
- School Supplies – Please label all supplies and send them to school on Thursday. Please click here for school supply information.
- Please click here to review our school calendar and bell schedule.